- January 01, 2010, By Yolanda Simonsis, Associate Publisher/Editor
- When asked to identify new or expanded products/services companies planned to offer in 2009, the responses in each sector naturally varied. In Flexible Packaging, 53% cited laminating as the top response.
- One-third of the Paperboard Packaging respondents indicated an interest in expanding into printing.
- Tapes, Labels & Tags also cited printing, but at a higher percentage (53%).
- Unprinted Rolls & Sheets respondents plan to expand into slitting (36%), coating (34%), and laminating (30%).
- Investment in R&D has remained stable. However, an impressive 32% of those in Flexible Packaging reported increasing R&D; the least investment is being taken in Paperboard Packaging, with only 11% increasing, while another 14% are decreasing R&D. At 12% each, both Tapes, Labels & Tags and Unprinted Rolls & Sheets, reported an increase in R&D.
- When asked by what percentage companies' R&D investment had changed in 2008 by comparison to 2007, once again Flexible Packaging was highest at a mean change of 3.8.
Change in R&D Investment
- By what percentage did your company's R&D investment change in 2008 as compared to 2007?
|Tapes, Labels & Tags||0.4||0|
|Unprinted Rolls & Sheets||0.7||0|
Brought to you by Tidland's e-Knifeholder