- July 29, 2013
NEENAH, WI | Appleton Mfg. Division announces the introduction of a new and more advanced version of the Safe-Slab core recycler, the Slabber XLA for nonwovens. Designed for a large consumer products company, this new version brings full automation plus process integration to the original Safe-Slab concept of safe, efficient slabbing and core recycling.
The unit comprises:
• Conveyor for loading and moving rolls onto the slabbing arm
• Laser mounted onto slabbing arm to assist with roll positioning
• Precision and programmed vertical lifting of roll for each cutting pass
• Fully guarded and interlocked cutting area
• Programmable cutting device mounted at top of enclosed cutting area
• Exit conveyor or elevator for moving waste material to downstream processes
• Externally mounted operator control panel.
Company says a high level of efficiency is achieved via automation of the slabbing process. Once the operator loads the roll onto the conveyor, everything else takes place in a pre-programmed sequence. Safety and efficiency are improved by utilizing machine automation with no direct operator interaction with the master roll.
Overall design parameters can be modified to fit a wide variety of installation needs. Changes can be made to the cutting process to accommodate a variety of materials as well as differing capacities.