- July 16, 2006, pffc-online.com
According to a new market report from Pira Intl. entitled "The Future of Specialty Papers: Global Forecasts to 2011," global consumption of specialty papers to reach 23.7 millions tons by 2011.
Other key findings include:
- Asia is the fastest growing region for specialty papers, forecast to reach 6.7 million tons in 2011. Within that region China shows fast growth with its largest segments being specialty papers for flexible packaging applications, with consumption estimated at 500,000 tonnes in 2011.
- High forecast growth is expected in the printing sector, with consumption of inkjet papers forecast to reach 2.6 million tonnes in 2011 with a CAGR of 7.7%.
- Security papers for cheques, banknotes and identification documents continue to be in demand with highest growth forecast in the emerging markets of China, India and Poland.
- In western Europe strong growth is anticipated in thermal papers due to greater demand in printed tickets and receipts at CAGR 6.8% to reach a volume just under 0.5 million tons.