- November 08, 2004, pffc-online.com
RONKONKOMA, NY—The Flexographic Technical Association (FTA) is accepting applications for the 5th Annual Environmental Excellence Awards, a program that recognizes companies implementing innovative and sustainable environmental practices. Awards are granted based on a company’s efforts to help make progress in achieving a cleaner environment. Projects in contention include:
- those that institute changes in production which reduce the volume and/or toxicity of waste
- processes that recover reusable materials or energy
- improved operation of existing process equipment and methods that reduce or prevent waste generation
- technical developments that result in waste reduction
- outreach and educational programs that promote pollution prevention
Winners will receive an Environmental Excellence Awards plague, a summary of their winning entry in FLEXO® Magazine, and recognition on the FTA web site, flexography.org.
Applications must be received by December 31, 2004. FTA encourages candidates to address all criteria on no more than five double-sided pages so as to reduce paper waste. Winners will be notified by February 11, 2005. Awards will be presented at the National Environmental, Health & Safety Conference for the Graphic Communications industries on March 6-8, 2005, in Tampa, FL and announced at the FFTA Annual Forum on March 20, 2005 in Orlando, FL.
For additional information about these events and the Environmental Excellence Awards program, visit flexography.org/online/awards/enviro/index.cfm or contact FTA’s director of membership and environmental services Doreen M. Monteleone at 631/737-6020 or email@example.com.