- June 16, 2005, pffc-online.com
CHICAGO, IL—The Paperboard Packaging Council (PPC) awarded Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. a Gold award in the foods/carry-out category for the Long John Silver’s Kids Treasure Chest meal package. The carton features a secret compartment for a hidden toy surprise, as well as a locking tuck feature on the lid. Angie Learn, structural design manager for Smurfit-Stone, designed the package.
Smurfit-Stone earned 2005 National Paperboard Packaging Competition Excellence awards from PPC in the following categories:
- Bakery Goods—UTZ Chocolate “Special” Pretzels; Angie Learn, structural design manager
- Frozen Foods—Birds Eye Foods—Steamers; Angie Learn, structural design manager
- Housewares and Appliances—Dial-Renuzit Scented Oil Airlets; Greg Weuste, structural designer
- Recreational—Naturize-Advanced Organic Fertilizer; Pete Walters, graphic designer
Smurfit-Stone’s DI-NA-CAL label group also participated in packagePRINTING’s 2005 Excellence Awards Competition and won third place for heat transfer labels in the label-gravure category for Behr Masonry, Stucco & Print Paint, and Cats Pride Cat Litter products.
To learn more, visit smurfit-stone.com.