- September 02, 2010
CHICAGO, IL | The second annual Greener Package Awards competition welcomed nearly 100 entries. This increase in participation underscores the continued fast pace of innovation in sustainable packaging. This year's winners also are said to clearly demonstrate how sustainability provides a positive economic payback–in any economy, according to Packaging World organizers.
2010 Greener Package Award recipients include:
- Ball Horticultural Co. | SoilWrap bio-based plant container
- BWAY Corp. | 5-gallon Eco-Pail
- Cryopak, a TCP company | TimeSaver72 insulated shipper
- GlaxoSmithKline | Aquafresh White & Shine toothpaste carton
- Household Essentials, LLC | Ironing Board Cover & Pad
- Kentucky Fried Chicken | reusable polypropylene sides container
- The Coca-Cola Co. | 30% plant-based PlantBottled
- Vanguard Packaging & Display | subterranean manufacturing facility
In addition, the 2010 Innovator of the Year was awarded to Vanguard Packaging & Display.