- September 23, 2013, Yolanda Simonsis
REHOVOT, ISRAEL | Much has happened since drupa when Landa debuted its Nanographic Printing Presses some 16 months ago. The Landa S10FC and S10C, one day prior to the opening of Labelexpo Europe 2013, are boasting enhanced print quality and an upgraded press design. With offset considered ideal for very long runs and digital suited for very short runs, Nanography digital presses are targeting production-oriented mainstream applications that bridge the profitability gap between the other technologies. Beta units for folding cartons will ship Q4/2014; commercial and publishing shipments will follow shortly thereafter.
According to Landa founder, chairman, and CEO Benny Landa, "We have been working closely with our customers to ensure that our Nanographic Printing Presses will provide the performance, print quality, and feature set for high-speed production. In addition, the new Landa Operator Cockpit will set a new standard for operating any production press, whether digital or offset."
Among the enhancements and upgrades are the following:
- The new Landa Operator Cockpit is described as an integrated production management center located at the delivery end of the press to facilitate monitoring and controlling with the delivery area in close sight. Ergonomically designed, the cockpit surrounds the operator with touch-screen press controls, job management tools, video feeds from all key press functions, production-related vital signs , and a lighted inspection table. Even an area for personal display and storage is provided.
- New ink ejectors are claimed to improved print quality and increase press productivity. With a resolution of 1,200 dpi, the ejectors reportedly deliver higher print quality levels to match offset resolution and gray levels. Architecture is also said to significantly improve the reliability of the in k ejection and enable s redundancy in case of nozzle failure.
- An advanced paper handling system accommodates paper and plastic substrates and allows accelerated substrate changeover to maximize uptime. Also included are continuous paper feeding and an auxiliary delivery tray to facilitate automatic collection of proofs.
- An optional in-line coating unit for flood and spot coating will utilize flexo rollers and plates and apply a variety of UV and aqueous coatings.