- August 07, 2013
PLYMOUTH, MN | Flint Group Narrow Web announces the 9th Annual Narrow Web Print Awards. Entries should be received no later than August 15, 2013, and winners will be announced during a live event at the Flint Group stand at Labelexpo Europe, September 25, in Brussels.
The criteria for judging follows the standard guidelines set by the industry associations FINAT and TLMI and include registration, smoothness of dot/vignette, overall print quality, and degree of difficulty. The judges also review each label for creative use of inks and color, rewarding prints that exhibit extraordinary use of ink.
Flint Group will highlight a special category introduced for web packaging applications and encourages printers to demonstrate the enriched pallet of applications possible using narrow/mid-web presses.
“Flint Group has paid tribute to more than 45 companies around the world with this award. Year after year, we are amazed by the excellence, quality, and depth of design. Narrow web printing is truly an art and we’re proud to play a part in these masterpiece designs,” says Deanna Whelan, global marketing manager, Flint Group Packaging and Narrow Web. She adds, “We also acknowledge all winners in selected media after the exhibition, honoring our clients’ hard efforts and creating a win-win for all involved.”
Entry guidelines are as follows:
1. Each entry must be printed using inks from Flint Group
2. Entries can be a commercial label or a promotional label
3. Entries can be sent in roll or sheet form with no less than 20 of each label—converters should specify if labels cannot be displayed on the Flint Group stand
4. Entries should be received no later than August 15, 2013
5. Entries should be submitted directly to Flint Group Packaging and Narrow Web.