- November 01, 2008
Deerfield, IL | Pregis Corp. has announced sustainability initiatives, reports Kevin Baudhuin, president, Pregis Protective Packaging North America. Achievement benchmarks include the following:
- reclaiming up to 99% of manufacturing scrap and reintroducing it back into the manufacturing process;
- density reduction programs across all product lines to limit material entering the waste stream;
- products engineered to maximize packaging efficiency and minimize application-specific waste;
- completed energy audits with improvements implemented in all facilities;
- striving to go beyond environmental regulation compliance with state-of-the- art pollution abatement equipment;
- promoting environmental knowledge and awareness to employees and customers.
Pregis also focused efforts on logistics. Company experts have timed production and reconfigured shipping routes to minimize the number of trucks on the road and distances traveled. Also, cube utilization has been maximized to help curb rising transportation costs.
What's happening at your company? Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.