- June 24, 2009
KENNESAW, GA | TAPPI will host an introductory course on linerboard and medium manufacture on August 5–6 at the North American headquarters of Kemira. Designed to increase participants’ understanding of linerboard and medium manufacturing, the course will be taught byDr. Michael J. Kocurek, professor of Paper Science & Engineering at North Carolina State Univ.
Topics he will cover include the following:
- Linerboard and medium properties and tests;
- Effects of fiber raw materials and pulp mil operations;
- Stock prep refining;
- Fourdrinier web-end operations and effects on sheet structure and properties;
- Twin wire gap forming;
- Pressing & drying;
- Size press;
- Causes of strength variations;
- Effects on product properties.
The course is target for process engineers and operators in linerboard and medium manufacturing facilities and converting plants.
Location of the event is at 1950 Vaughn Rd., Kennesaw, GA. Registration information/requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-332-8686.