- December 12, 2001, PRESS RELEASE
HARTLAND, WI, USA—Pillar Technologies now offers ozone-generation equipment for the extrusion and coating laminating industry, says the co. According to Pillar, ozone generation is a cost-effective way of promoting adhesion of flexible packaging materials. "By generating ozone on extruded materials," notes the mfr., "you will have more reliable adhesion and maintenance-free operation."
Pillar lists benefits for incorporating such equipment into the extrusion coating and laminating processes as:
- reduced coating weight;
- reduced melt temperature;
- improved adhesion;
- increased line speeds;
- optimized melt stability and neck-in;
- improved heat-seal characteristics;
- reduced odor or poor taste;
- widened process parameters;
- reduced rejects and waste; and
- enhanced quality control.
For more information, visit Pillar pillartech.com.