- August 11, 2003, PRESS RELEASE
ARLINGTON, VA, USA—The Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI), organizers of the upcoming Pack Expo Las Vegas show, report several international associations are slated to showcase packaging innovations at the three-day venue. According to the trade organization, the 11 groups, showing more than 300 of their award-winning packages, include:
- Argentinian Packaging Institute (IAE)
- Star of the South Award (Estrella del Sur)
- Brazilian Packaging Association (ABRE)
- Packaging Design Award
- DuPont co.
- DuPont Awards for Innovation in Packaging
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Cradle-to-Crade Design Challenge for E-Commerce Shipping Packaging and Logistics
- Flexible Packaging Association (FPA)
- Packaging Achievement Awards
- Foodservice & Packaging Institute
- Best of the Best Foodservice Packaging Awards
- The Glass Packaging Institute
- The Clear Choice Awards
- Institute of Packaging Professionals
- AmeriStar Awards
- Mexican Packaging Association (AMEE)
- Stellar Packaging Award (Envase Estelar)
- Paperboard Packaging Council
- National Paperboard Packaging Competition
- The Tube Council
- Tubes of the Year Awards
PMMI says the award-winning packaging showcase will be held in the new Containers & Materials Pavilion, an addition PMMI announced late last summer.
According to Charles Yuska, PMMI president, the pavilion will comprise "more than 50,000 square feet of floor space, [featuring] cost-effective structures that help enhance branding efforts without sacrificing barrier properties, machine capability, or versatility." He adds, "Included in the exhibits will be advancements in plastics, resins, films, glass, metal, additives, coatings/treatments, rubber, textiles, and woven materials."
Learn more about the upcoming show at packexpo.com.