- April 05, 2002, PRESS RELEASE
FALLS CHURCH, VA, USA—The Foodservice and Packaging Institute Inc. (FPI) announced recently it's nearing the completion of interviews for the third wave of its bi-annual market research study on foodservice packaging products, with the final report to be completed this summer.
FPI's market research study seeks to determine the current and future purchases of foodservice packaging products by operators, reports the organization, data that's validated by interviews with 200 foodservice distributors.
According to FPI, 1,600 operators, representing eight commercial operator segments (full-service restaurants, national and regional QSR chains, grocery delis, convenience stores, mass merchandising, lodging, and recreation) and five non-commercial operator segments (hospitals, nursing homes, school districts, business & industry, colleges and universities) are being queried for the study. Products being tracked include:
- beverage cups (thick-walled foam, thin-walled foam, plastic, hot paper, cold paper);
- portion cups (plastic, paper);
- food containers (foam hinged, plastic hinged, one-piece paper, two-piece plastic, aluminum foil);
- plates, platters, or bowls (foam, plastic, paper/pulp);
- plastic cutlery;
- lids and domes (plastic, foam);
- foam cafeteria trays; and
- beverage containers (foam, pulp, foldable paper).