- August 22, 2013
PALO ALTO, CA | HP has announced a new enhancement package for the HP Indigo WS6600 Series digital press said to significantly improve press performance and allow customers to produce more labels with less effort. Company says the package helps to improve the ROI of an HP Indigo press for new customers and helps protect existing customers’ investments, since the new features are backwards compatible with existing presses.
The enhancement package features the new HP SmartStream Labels and Packaging Workflow Suite, version 4.0, powered by Esko (http://www.esko.com) a solution for simplified color management and automated job preparation. This reportedly provides time savings to 70% throughout the entire color management process in addition to enabling up to 20% more jobs per shift.
Other key features include:
• A new color engine that transforms existing workflow processes by automating common, time-consuming procedures. The result is said to be quick, accurate color management with fewer manual workflow steps required for efficient, high quality printing.
• New imposition and variable-data tools, including dynamic marks, that enable user to run various workflow steps in parallel instead of sequentially, resulting in a faster turnaround.
• An additional raster image processing (RIP) choice, the Adobe RIP, with improved processing speeds by up to 90%.
• Software and hardware improvements said to help maximize productivity and increase press uptime.
• New Advanced Harmonic Topology Screen (HTS 210), said to improve color uniformity and consistency for complicated jobs.
As part of the enhancement package, company is introducing ElectroInk, a dedicated high-slip white ink for production of shrink sleeves. Company says for WS6000 Series Presses White for Sleeves enables an even shrinking of printed sleeves without adding a high-slip spot varnish.
The enhancement package will be available in September 2013 and will be displayed at Labelexpo Europe, September 24–27, in Brussels, Belgium.