- November 22, 2004, pffc-online.com
WYOMISSING, PA - AMI's Polyethylene Films 2004 will take place December 7-9, 2004 at the Westin Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and will provide a detailed look at developments in the North American PE film industry, the effect of these developments on film producers, and the implications for the future.
The conference will host a special market/issues forum, showcasing speakers from across the industry commenting on a range of topics, including:
- Dr. Leonard Cribbs (Equistar Chemicals) - overview of the North American film market
- Victor Platta (Advanced Polybag) - plastic carrier bags
- John Manuck (Techmer) - meeting the challenge of innovation in the film market
- Andrew Reynolds (AMI) - the trade dynamic in the PE film market
- Greg DeKunder (Total Petrochemcials) - the current status and future developments of metallocene PE in North America
Additionally, Imerys Performance Minerals will look at how specialty mineral products can add value to products. The conference also will showcase an additives and raw materials session which will include the latest developments as well as additional presentations from Ampacet Corp., Eval Co. of America, Univation Technologies, Specialty Minerals, and Dyneon.
Several key papers covering the latest in film manufacturing technologies will also be presented at the conference. Subjects include:
- developments in flexible packaging (Hoelescher Corp.),
- innovations in blown film production (Hosakawa Alpine America, Battenfeld Gloucester Engineering),
- improving economics in thin gauge flat film production (Extrusion Dies industries), and
- adding value with hedging (Natexis Metals).
For further details on Polyethylene Films 2004, contact Margit Korsat at AMI, 610/478-0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.