- February 23, 2012
WASHINGTON, DC | NPE2012, which runs April 1–5 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL, will start things off with what it is calling a “Super Sunday” of networking opportunities, social events, and presentations by top business leaders.
The Sunday events include:
- SPI’s 75th Anniversary Golf Tournament. This will take place at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Golf Club. Scheduled from 8:00 a.m.–1:30 p.m., the event costs US $250 per person, which includes fees and cart, breakfast and awards luncheon, on-course refreshments, and sponsor giveaways. Profits will go to SPI’s Future of Plastics Foundation and an Orlando charity.
- Brand-Owner Super Session with Panel Discussion. Following a welcome and overview by SPI president and CEO William R. Carteaux, there will be four presentations by representatives of prominent companies: Life through Plastics in the Electronic Age (electronics/wireless industry); What’s in Store for Plastics? (retail merchandising); Aerospace Horizons; and It’s a Wrap! Innovation through Plastic Packaging. Open to all NPE2012 registrants, the event will take place from 1:00–4:45 pm at the Chapin Theater in the West Hall of the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).
- American-Style BBQ. This will be held from 4:30–6:00 p.m. outside the West building of the OCCC and is open to all NPE2012 registrants. Food and beverages are available on a cash and carry basis.
- OCCC Orientation. Since the Orange County Convention Center will be new to virtually every NPE2012 participant, this event can assist in planning to make the most productive use of NPE show week. Held in the Chapin Theater in the West Hall of the OCCC, it will be open to all and immediately follow the Brand-Owner Super Session.
- SPI’s 75th Anniversary Opening Gala and Plastics Hall of Fame Ceremony. This formal, black-tie-optional event will include a reception and banquet, keynote address by Jon Huntsman Jr., former Utah governor and US ambassador and recent candidate for US President., as well an induction ceremony for ten new members of the Hall of Fame. Tickets cost US $300 per person and $2,200 for a table of eight. The event will take place from 6:00–9:45 p.m. in the Sebastian J Ballroom of the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando.
NPE2012 is owned and produced by SPI, the Plastics Industry Trade Assn.