- October 01, 2008, By Claudia Hine, Managing Editor
Converting & Package Printing Expo returns to McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, November 9-13. Once again, CPP Expo will be co-located with Pack Expo and Process Expo, giving visitors a cost-effective, efficient way to attend this supply chain event.
Organizers say converters cite this combination of three shows at the same location as the top reason they plan to attend CPP. Produced and managed by H.A. Bruno, Paramus, NJ, CPP Expo presents the unique opportunity to meet your customers — and their customers — in one place at one time. “Being physically co-located makes all the difference in the world,” says Leo Nadolske, president of CPP Expo, who adds industry-related exhibitions co-locating under one roof is just a natural progression of adjusting to industry trends.
Exhibiting companies serve the flexible packaging, folding carton/boxmaking, corrugated converting, tissue converting, and narrow web tag and label industries.
For more information, visit www.cppexpo.com.
McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
Sunday-Wednesday, November 9-12, 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday, November 13, 9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
CPP will hold educational sessions on two days of the show. Here is what you can learn.
Tuesday, November 11
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — Increase Profits by Aligning Your Assets — Richard Henry, VP, The Advanced Team
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — Over-Treatment of PET-Fact or Fiction (Part 1) — Jessica Bodine, technical sales representative, MICA Corp.
Wednesday, November 12
- 8:30-9:10 A.M. — Folding Cartons-Rethink Your Workflow and Drive More Profits — Mike Pfaff, folding carton manager, Comco, and Steve Leiben, sales manager, Matik North America
- 9:20-10:00 A.M. — Flexible Packaging-It's Not Just for Wide Web Anymore — Jerry Henson, flexible packaging manager, Mark Andy, and Giancarlo Ciammi, VP, Nordmeccanica Group
- 11:00-11:40 A.M. — Trends and Opportunities for Labels and other Package Decorations — Jeff Feltz, director of product development, Mark Andy
- 11:50 A.M.-12:30 P.M. — FDA FCN Compliant Food Packaging Using UV/EB Curing — Ron Golden, founder, FocalPoint Consulting, and Im Rangwalla, Energy Sciences
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — The Impact of UV/EB Curing on Sustainable Packaging — Steve Lapin, applications specialist, PCT Engineered Systems, and Albert Lin, Henkel Corp.
- 12:40-1:20 P.M. — FIRST 4.0: Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications and Tolerances — Robb Frimming, print services director, Schawk!
CEMA Joins In
The Converting Equipment Mfrs. Assn. (CEMA) will hold its Slitting & Rewinding Fundamentals For Converters seminar in conjunction with CPP and Pack Expo. The two-day seminar will be held November 11-12 at McCormick Place, and each attendee will receive a complimentary VIP exhibition pass for CPP and Pack Expo.
The CEMA seminar will cover step-by-step, best-practice techniques. It is structured to be easily understood by those who are new to the industry, while providing advanced information to those with more experience.