- May 01, 2011
- American Forest & Paper Assn., Washington, DC, reports total kraft paper shipments in February 2011 were 125,500 tons, an increase of 11.1% compared to February 2010 but down 3.0% compared to January 2011. Total boxboard production in February 2011 increased by 2.8% compared to February 2010 but decreased 10.4% from January 2011. Containerboard production for February 2011 increased 14,100 tons or 0.6% compared to February 2010. Production fell compared to January 2011 with average daily production down 2.0%.
- The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership, Seattle, WA, reports GFX Intl., Grayslake, IL, has successfully completed the necessary requirements to become the 27th SGP Certified Facility, while Great Big Pictures, Madison, WI, becomes the 28th.
- MiraFoil coating from Henkel Corp., Bridgewater, NJ, is named one of the top ten products worldwide by New York-based Material ConneXion in its annual MEDIUM Award for Material of the Year.
- Menasha Packaging, Neenah, WI, is expanding its facility in Yukon, PA. The company plans to spend $10 million in capital improvements at its 300,000-sq-ft packaging and display plant over the next 12 months, increasing plant capacity by 35%.
- A plant evaluation conducted by the National Assn. of Printing Ink Mfrs. (NAPIM), Woodbridge, NJ, concludes that inkmaker Color Resolutions Intl., Fairfield, OH, minimizes or eliminates both employee exposures and environmental impact at its manufacturing plant.
What's happening at your company? Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.