- March 01, 2010, Yolanda Simonsis
I've always wondered why anyone would stage an exposition in the middle of winter–in Green Bay, WI, no less. Well there's one very good reason that I think even Green Bay Packer legend Vince Lombardi would agree with–to do serious business! And, yes, I'm taking my 4WD Escape to make sure the weather doesn't factor into my attendance.
Starting on the eve of Converters Expo (a Converting Influence event) on March 3, will be factory tours by appointment (see the list below) as well as an evening networking event at The Stadium View between 7–9 P.M.
• American Custom Converting, Green Bay (920-494-3258): Slitting-rewinding, adhesive laminating, folding, wide web.
• CBC Coating, Appleton. Call Tom Crist (920-991-2287): Contract coating using “green” coatings.
• STEP Industries, Neenah. Call Cheryl (920-585-4765):Assembly, fulfillment, packaging, sub-assembly, kitting.
• Valley Grinding, Little Chute. Call Pete (900-950-7675 x317): Manufacturer of industrial machine blades & knives.
• WEBEX, Neenah. Call Dave (920-729-6666): The largest roll manufacturing co. in North America.
Then on March 4, you can duck into two Skybox seminars at Lambeau Field's Atrium with subject matter on the following:
• 9:00 am–10:30 am: Printing & Coating, with earth-friendly approaches. A panel, hosted by Dennis Curtin, Press Color Inc.
•10:30 am–Noon: Sustainability tailored to your business. A panel, hosted by Ron Hageman, New Composite Partners.
Fee for one seminar is $90; for both seminars, $130. Limited to 18 people in each seminar, for up-close, beneficial interaction.
And finally an exhibitor list covers a diversity of paper, film, and nonwoven converting topics, including specialists in the following during the hours of 9:30 A.m.– 3:30 P.M.:
• Rewinding & Sheeting
• Coating & Laminating
• Flexographic Printing
• Equipment and Associated Services for Converters
I'll see you there!