- March 23, 2009
Mentor, OH | Avery Dennison announces eco-friendly initiatives:
- New technology in several plants is converting manufacturing solvent waste into energy to power plant equipment, resulting in the elimination of 99% of VOC emissions;
- 1 million lbs of polyester waste from casting films is transformed into recycled, post-consumer products such as milk containers;
- Roll Materials operations in North America and Europe are partnering with waste recycler companies to collect and recycle liner waste from customers with PSA products;
- The use of solar power at the factory level is being investigated in parts of the world that have the technology and appropriate climate.
The Fasson Roll North America div. of Avery Dennison has developed a focused team armed with Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) tools and methods to support its goal to reduce waste sent to landfills in North America by 10% when compared to 2007 levels.
- MACtac, Stow, OH, formalizes the Application Development Team, assembled to work with customers to provide product and process solutions. The team's focus is to help customers improve their product portfolios and process management activities by acting as an R&D partner.
- Flexotecnica, New Berlin, WI, demonstrated its new F12, a 12-color press, this past fall at global headquarters near Milan, Italy. The Open House demonstration featured a six-color fingerprint job then changed over to another six-color job while the press was running.
- Rotoflex Intl., Mississauga, ON, Canada, supplier of web inspection and finishing equipment, is acquired by MAI Holdings, St. Louis, MO. Rotoflex will maintain an independent brand presence. MAI brands include Mark Andy, Comco, and UVT.
- UPM Raflatac, Fletcher, NC, opens a slitting and distribution terminal in Jaguariúna, Brazil.
- Robert Klas Sr., founder, chairman, and former CEO of Tapemark, West St. Paul, MN, is awarded the first Dakota-Scott Counties Workforce Investment Board Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Overnight Labels, Deer Park, NY, is accepted as an associate member of the Natural Products Assn., a nonprofit organization dedicated to the natural products industry.
- MAX, the service and support team of Mark Andy, St. Louis, MO, expands its aftermarket offerings by partnering with Harper Corp. of America, Charlotte, NC, to provide Harper anilox rolls to Comco and Mark Andy press users worldwide.