- March 29, 2005, pffc-online.com
NEW YORK, NY—CMM International will move its 2007 event to the newly renovated Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, to reduce the total cost of exhibiting. The new dates for the biennial event are June 4-7, 2007.
The move will allow CMM to offer exhibitors cost savings of lower space rental inclusive of drayage and lower labor costs due to more flexible work rules. According to show management, companies can save an average of 25% or more on exhibiting costs while attendees will enjoy major savings on hotel and transportation costs.
"Chicago is a great location for CMM and McCormick Place has been a good venue to grow and prosper for many years," said Ian Johnston, CMM president. "However, rising labor costs and union issues at McCormick Place have made it increasingly expensive and difficult for our exhibitors. This change in venue is clearly in the best interest of CMM participants." Show management says the move will provide several key benefits, including:
- Inclusive material handling rates to include show site loading and unloading of machinery and booth materials
- Furnishings, utility, and labor rates at the same as or lower price of CMM 2005 rates
- Less expensive hotel rates at hotels within walking distance of the convention center
- Free shuttle service from O’Hare airport to convention center (5 minutes away)
- More than 500,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space all on one level
- Over 50 state-of-the-art meeting rooms
For more information, see cmmshow.com.
CMM 2005 is almost here! For PFFC’s extensive coverage, click here.