- December 27, 2004, pffc-online.com
NEW YORK, NY—RFID Journal, the producer of RFID Journal LIVE!, has announced the speakers and agenda for its thrid annual RFID executive converence.
The RFID Journal LIVE! 2005 agenda is organized into five key tracks by subject with speakers covering RFID in retail, manufacturing, logistics, core technologies, and building the business case.
More than 80 speakers will participate in the 2005 program including:
- John Clarke, CTO, Tesco Stores Limited
- Ken Douglas, Technology Director, BP Oil International
- Mark Engle, Director, IT, Campbell Soup Company
- Alan Estevez, Assistant Deputy Undersecretary for Supply Chain Integration, U.S. Department of Defense
- Sandy Hughes, Global Privacy Executive, Procter & Gamble
- Murdo Munro, Vice President, Mobile/Wireless, MasterCard International
- Mike O'Shea, Director-Corporate AutoID/RFID Strategies & Technology, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Paul Saffo, Research Director, Institute for the Future
The program will feature nearly 50 sessions including:
- RFID and the Future of Business
- The State of EPC Adoption
- DOD Marches Toward Adoption
- Compliance vs. Internal Benefits
- The Importance of Privacy
- The Human Side of Managing Technological Innovations Like RFID
On Sunday, April 10th, pre-conference workshops will provide attendees with an opportunity to attend a single intensive seminar focused on a particular industry sector or issue including:
- The EPC Developers Conference: Sponsored by VeriSign, this reportedly is a conference for in-house developers and independent software vendors focused on creating applications that turn the evolutionary technologies of EPC and RFID into practical, real-world solutions for inventory, asset and supply chain management solutions. Learn more at epcdevcon.com.
- RFID Journal University: Designed for those relatively new to RFID who want to understand the terminology and how RFID systems work before participating in the main conference. Experts in RFID systems will cover the 10 essentials of RFID technologies, including the different frequencies; the many protocols; passive and active systems; and how each type of system can be deployed in different applications.
- RFID in the Health Care Industry: Sponsored by Unisys, this conference will look at tracking pallets, cases and unique items in the health care and pharmaceutical industry supply chains. Speakers will address the special deployment challenges faced by companies in these industries, including the need to create an electronic pedigree for some drugs and the difficult challenges of tagging medical objects in hospitals.
- Investing in RFID: Designed to give investors a deeper understanding of the burgeoning RFID market, experts in RFID will examine the short- and medium-term trends in the RFID industry, which areas of the market will be dominated by incumbents, and which areas still present opportunities for startups. Presenters also will examine possible second- and third-round investment opportunities among existing RFID players.
- RFID and the Aviation Industry: This conference will examine the business case for the use of RFID in the aviation industry by both manufacturers and suppliers.
To learn more about RFID Journal LIVE! 2005, or to register for the conference, go to rfidjournallive.com. Those who register before January 31, 2005 will save $200. Group discounts are also available. The show is co-produced by Mosaic Media Partners.